Startup System EU offers this European Innovation Conference calendar as a resource to help make connections between startups, investors and innovators.
Our goal is to bring together startups and innovation professionals to learn about cutting-edge innovations and foster dynamic conversation addressing how technology is transforming Europe.
- This event has passed.
Open Call Intelligent Cities Challenge
Digital Cities Challenge – ICC will unite EU cities in seizing the opportunity for green smart, sustainable growth, improving the quality of life, and fostering new opportunities for citizens. One hundred cities will receive world-class support – in person, online, and as a community. The call for Expressions of Interest is now open. Deadline: May 29, 2020
The 100 Intelligent Cities Challenge (ICC) is a unique opportunity for evolving EU cities to join a community that leverages advanced technologies to tackle the pandemic crisis and reconstruct their economies while steering them in the direction of green smart, sustainable growth. This will help cities to improve the quality of life and create new opportunities for their business communities.
The ICC will build on the success of the Digital Cities Challenge, which helped 41 EU cities develop a strategic vision and a roadmap for digital transformation. ICC cities will receive high quality and tailored guidance and expert support, access to advisory and city peer networks (European and international), and capability building tools, to drive priority policy goals and the uptake of advanced technologies.
To be eligible, applicants must comply with the following:
- Be from an EU Member State;
- Be a local public government entity (i.e., municipalities, districts) that are either responsible for or involved in the funding and implementation of a policy or program of a city related to digital transformation, smart/intelligent city, sustainable urban development;
- Represent cities with more than 50 000 inhabitants, unless you are applying as part of a city consortium;
- Submit the application form in English. Applications submitted in any other language will be excluded;
- Submit the application within the stipulated deadline;
- Include a letter of support by the Mayor(s);
- Be able to dedicate three people for two days a week – one from the city, two representatives from the local ecosystem – for the execution of this high-priority initiative.
Are you a city outside of the EU?
Are you a city located outside the EU but still interested in delivering your intelligent city aspirations? We would like to engage a small group of select international participants within the program. A separate application process will be launched for these cities. If you would like to register your interest in advance, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you already advanced in your intelligent city journey?
Are you relatively advanced in your intelligent city journey, and would like to support participants on this program in learning from your experiences? We are keen to hear from mentors – EU or international – of all city sizes. We would love to discuss opportunities with you. Please email: email@example.com